1. Practice makes perfect: the more you blog, the better you’ll become. Best to go ahead and start practicing—the quality of your posts will only improve with time.
2. You may never make any money blogging. But you definitely won’t make money blogging if you don’t have a blog.
3. Search engines tend to put more value (in terms of page rank) on older blogs. It’s almost impossible to get ranked if your blog is under six months old. The sooner you start, the sooner you can build your page rank.
4. Quality is key, but quantity is also important (as I’ve mentioned before). The sooner you start, the more posts you’ll have to be found by readers (through search engines, etc).
5. All you need is a computer, and internet connection, and a brain (I assume you have at least two out of three).
6. All joking/sarcasm aside, you’re probably just as smart (if not smarter) than half the guys who are making money through blogs. What’s the difference between you and them? They’ve seized the opportunity and invested the time needed to learn about blogging.
7. You have nothing to lose except time. And you apparently have some to
8. Your blog may lead to other successful projects, like a book or business (or another revenue-generating blog).